As we are heading into 4Q, retailers are starting to lavish us with generous discounts. Many of these retailers have committed donations or a percentage of sales to organizations who are assisting in Hurricane Sandy recovery efforts.
My current favorites are:
1) J.Crew – 25% off $150+. Expires tonight (11:59pm EST). Code OURTREAT.
- They restocked their sale section, all sale items are currently not final sale (returnable), and there are a ton of new arrivals. If you wear XS or XXS, check out the crewcuts section for size 12 or 14 tops. They are pretty cute and well priced.
- The lustre lace mockneck tee is the spitting image of Stella McCartney’s Monaroa lace top from last year, which retailed for $1275. The J.Crew version runs slightly big, boxy (it flares out from the bust), and scratchy (it comes with a cami though). I think it looks more blush toned in real life. I’d gotten and returned the Monaroa top from Yoox a while back. It is much softer, but I couldn’t justify the $300 sale price.
2) Helmut Lang – 30% off through Sunday, November 11. Code HLFRIENDS. I love their tops and outerwear! They are owned by the same parent company as Theory, for the Theory lovers. While their items are a bit pricier, the style is dressy yet relaxed and comfortable.
3) Beauty.com – 20% off through Sunday, November 11 (11:59pm PST). They have some boutique brands that Sephora doesn’t carry (and Sephora’s current 20% off sale is only open to those who are friends with VIBs, I believe). It’s also great to get on their mailing list and receive targeted promotions.
4) Madewell – 25% off $150+ through Monday, November 12 (11:59PM EST). Code WOOHOO.
- I adore the third party brands like Top Hat (washi/MT tape!), BAG’n’NOUN, Baggu.
- For Madewell, of course I love the bateau button sweater in stripe and the mademoiselle top in stripe. I am really digging the caramel brown/black combo, which hasn’t been that populat stateside but has been done by Petit Bateau in previous seasons.
5) Land’s End Canvas – 30% off through Tuesday, November 13. Code: FAMILY. PIN: 1511.
- I like the chambray weekend shirtdress.
- Their sale section is pretty cleaned out, but they do restock daily.
6) Land’s End – 30% through Tuesday, November 13. Code: FRIENDS. PIN: 3010.
- I found my waffle white shower curtain here! I do love
buyingbrowsing for home stuff. The bedding looks so cozy.
7) Gap – 30% through Monday, November 12. Code: GAPFRIENDS. They tend to end their promotions at midnight EST or even earlier. If you have a Silver card, check your inbox for the 40% off discount!
- I love this striped ponte zip shift dress in blue. I prefer the tall length for work. These 1969 metallic dot legging skimmer jeans are adorable.
8) Shop Pretty Mommy – 25% off $100 through tonight, November 9. Code: HAPPY.
- Baggu. I am loving gold right now, especially the gold leather bag.
- Small Trades. Their striped tees are super comfy (which I checked out during their 50% off sale sale!). They run slightly small.
- Forestbound. They recently had a sale on Fab, I think. They look sturdy and masculine, which I love… I do not need another bag!
- Clare Vivier. My fave is the La Trop bag… especially in white.
- Rachel Rose. These hand-painted silk tees are beautiful and often sold out everywhere. They were featured on Anthropologie before.
10) The Limited – 50% off three items through Sunday, November 11 with code 523. There are a bunch of great faux leather pieces here and I am curious about their ballet flats. At the same time, most of their items make me go “ick”.